Thursday, January 20, 2011

Neither-Neither

I start off my day at 1am waking up from a night terror. I utilize the neither-neither principle of neutralizing emotions and impression to calm myself down enough to get back to sleep. Throughout my day I use the  neither-neither principle liberally, and then it hits me. What if I neutralize my own consciousness using this?

I'm attempting the meditation before I go to bed. Hopefully it proves more fruitful than shattering the ego with sigils, then using the resulting gnosis to fire the sigil of my new consciousness.

Speaking and typing in only present tense is difficult and awkward.

The suspense is killing me.

I'm not having any expectations of this upcoming working, if I do I'm liable to fail miserably.

2 comments:

  1. So, how'd it go? You know that the Upanisad period Hindus said that the only way to describe the Brahman (and so the atman) was as neti, neti,(not this, nor that) which I'm guessing neither-neither is translated from. If they are right, then the only thing Neither-Neither won't work on is atman and Brahman. And good luck understanding the delineation between atman and jiva. That stuff is whack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this exercise lying down and ended up falling asleep. Lying down is my preferred meditative pose because it's easier to not move that way. I'm going to attempt this in throne or thoth asana today after I get my worldly obligations taken care of.

    ReplyDelete